Elzinga & Volkers is seeking talented, fun, hard-working professionals to join our team. We are a forward-thinking, employee-centered company that supports a collaborative work environment, strong work-life balance and positive community impact. At Elzinga & Volkers, we are committed to investing in our team members and providing career development and training programs. Elzinga & Volkers is proud to offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and an innovative work environment.
We are currently seeking candidates for the following positions:
Our Facilities Services Division (FSD) is designed to specifically to meet our client’s small to mid-sized project and maintenance needs. The FSD Team provides skilled trades people for capital improvement projects within and around existing facilities. Our specialized team serves as a single contact and subject matter expert, making your safety, OSHA compliance, sanitation, incident avoidance, and loss prevention their top priority. Whether you need a simple door replacement or a multi-location national rollout, FSD expertly matches the individual talents of our staff to the requirements of the client’s project to quickly deliver a high quality result.
Responsibilities may include:
· Leasehold Tenant Improvements
· Interior Finish Upgrades
· Roof and Flooring Repair
· Facility Audits
· Selective demolition
· National and Regional Roll Outs
· Historic renovations and restoration
· Upgrading for USDA and FDA Sanitation Standards
· Adding and Renovating Production Lines and Production Space
· 24 Hour Emergency Service
· Carpentry, construction, handyman and/or general trades background (Such as: interiors, painting, framing, drywall, trim, countertops, fixture installation or facilities maintenance experience)
· Ability to work hands-on with hand and power tools
· Problem solving capabilities
· Ability to work independently or collaborate with a team
· Supervision or leadership background is helpful
· Quality workmanship and strong attention to detail
· MUST be able to travel overnight during the week and work occasional off hours
Elzinga & Volkers Construction Professionals is seeking candidates for our Fire Stop Division. Candidates should possess some caulking and general construction building methods however we are willing to train the right candidate. Must be self-motivated and willing to learn and have attention to detail.
Extensive US travel required. Previous experience as a construction superintendent managing commercial or industrial projects and trade contractors with special attention on deadlines, safety and quality.
Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field required. Ideal candidates will have prior experience managing large commercial and industrial projects to completion, on-time and within budget. Estimating experience is a plus. Excellent presentation and communication skills are a must.
If you’re ready to work for E&V, complete the information below to tell us a little bit about yourself.