Elzinga & Volkers to Break Ground on $60 Million of New Projects in Growing West Michigan Communities
HOLLAND, Mich. — Elzinga & Volkers (E&V), a leading provider of construction management services, recently announced over $60 million of new project starts throughout West Michigan. The projects include Siliconature, Western Theological Seminary, Mercy Health Saint Mary’s, DeBoer Bakery South, Baudville Brands and Mercy Hospital.
The new deals demonstrate the recent trend of expansions and renovations of West Michigan infrastructure, primarily in Grand Rapids, Holland and Muskegon. A number of the projects are currently breaking ground and are expected to be completed in 2018.
“The construction industry generally sees an increase of projects in spring and summer, but many of these are a result of individual company growth,” said Mike Novakoski, president and CEO of Elzinga & Volkers. “As companies succeed and expand, they look to update their existing facilities and add space to accommodate that growth. We take great pride in being a part of thriving communities in West Michigan.”
Below are the major projects E&V will begin this spring:
• Siliconature: This multi-million dollar new design-build project in Gaines Township will consist of 150,000 square feet of office and manufacturing space. The project will begin in June and is scheduled for completion in the fall of 2018.
• Western Theological Seminary: Construction will begin this summer and wrap up fall of 2018. The project, with a price tag upwards of $15 million includes the demolition of the existing library tower and parts of the existing seminary to accommodate the construction of a new learning center and new front entry. The project also includes a facility wide mechanical upgrade along with a renovation of existing classroom and administration spaces.
• Mercy Health Saint Mary’s: This complex multi-phase project began in April and will continue through fall of 2018. The project consists of a complete interior demolition and re-build of the existing 9th floor OB unit. The new design features a new family waiting area, 18 post-partum rooms, six post-partum/anti partum flex rooms, 10 new labor and delivery rooms, two new operating rooms, four triage rooms, a new special care nursery, new nurses stations, a renovated elevator lobby and many staff support areas.
• DeBoer Bakery South: E&V will break ground on this project in late May and will complete a renovation of the existing space and the addition of more than 2,600 square feet, including a patio for outdoor dining, this fall.
• Baudville Brands: This sizeable project is currently underway and will run through December 2017. The project consists of a renovation of more than 20,000 square feet of existing space and an addition of 9,000 square feet that will result in seven new meeting rooms and a new grand entry.
• Mercy Hospital: E&V is providing general trade work for the Muskegon location on the renovation of the existing hospital and new 11-story addition. The multi-million project is set to be completed during the summer of 2019.